Future of the India Defense Industry – Market Attractiveness, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2022 – Research and Markets

03-Oct-2017 Intellasia | BusinessWire | 10:42 PM Print This Post

DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The “Future
of the India Defense Industry – Market Attractiveness, Competitive
Landscape and Forecasts to 2022″
report has been added to Research
and Markets’
offering.

India was the world’s top-most importer of military hardware over
2012-2016. The country’s defense equipment imports, which accounted for
13% of global arms imports over 2012-2016, were three times larger than
its closest rivals, China and Pakistan. The country mainly relies on
imports to meet 70% of its defense requirements, with the remaining 30%
being met by domestic companies. However, India is aiming to attain
self-reliance by procuring the majority of its defense requirements
domestically and programs such as Make in India have already been
launched by the government.

Although Russia continues to dominate Indian defense equipment imports,
India has lately sought to diversify its procurement sources, with a
recent focus on the US. During the forecast period, the US, the UK, and
Israel are expected to further strengthen their market positions,
reducing the market share of other European suppliers such as Germany
and France. For example, India signed a US$3 billion deal with the US
for procuring 15 CH-47F Chinook heavy-lift helicopters and 22 AH-64E
Apache attack helicopters. The Indian MoD also signed a contract of
US$107.8 million with the US based Lockheed Martin for procuring pilot
night vision sensor (PNVS) systems for Apache helicopters.

Between 2013 and 2017, the Indian defense budget increased at a CAGR of
7.73%, and is expected to increase significantly, at a CAGR of 10.49%,
during the forecast period, to reach a value of US$69.1 billion by 2022.
Prolonged unresolved border issues and rising tension with two
neighboring nations, China and Pakistan, is expected to fuel the defense
budget in the coming years; in addition to the country’s need to replace
its aging and outdated military hardware and technology.

Under the Make in India campaign, launched by the BJP Government and led
by the country’s Prime Minister, Narendra Modi, India’s manufacturing
capabilities are under process of being enhanced, presenting ample
growth opportunities for Indian defense manufactures such as the Tata
Group, Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL), Bharat Electronics Limited
(BHEL), Mahindra Defence Systems (MDS),and Reliance Defence.

Key Topics Covered:

1. Introduction

2. Executive Summary

3. Market Attractiveness and Emerging Opportunities

4. Defense Procurement Market Dynamics

5. Market Entry Strategy

6. Competitive landscape and Strategic Insights

7. Business Environment and Country Risk

8. Appendix

Companies Mentioned

  • BAE Systems Plc.
  • Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL)
  • Bharat Earth Movers Limited (BEML)
  • Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL)
  • Boeing
  • Goa Shipyard Limited (GSL)
  • Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL)
  • Lockheed Martin Corporation
  • Mazagon Docks Limited
  • Ordnance Factory Board
  • Thales

For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/qj5t94/future_of_the

Contacts

Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
press@researchandmarkets.com
For
E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call
1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S.
Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
Related
Topics: Military
Aerospace and Defense

 


Category: BusinessWire, PRAsia

Print This Post