HCM City Department of Planning and Investment on June 6 proposed 18 key national projects to the city People’s Committee for foreign investment.
Accordingly, these proposed projects included tramcar route No 1, Monorail route No 2 and 3 and urban railway route No 6 managed by urban railway management board.
* The overhead road No 1, 2, 3 and 4 and expanding the National Highway No 22 managed by HCM City Department of Transport.
* Building canal route 5, 7 and 8 and linking route canal 5 and 7 managed by Tay Bac (Northwest) urban zone management board.
* Hospital-school in Cu Chi district and hospital of throat-cancer-heart institute and Pham Ngoc Thach Medical University in Tan Kien medical area managed by HCM City Department of Health.
* Building dykes to prevent tide in Saigon River from Cau Ngang ditch to Thu Thiem urban zone, dyke along Vam Thuat River to Kinh River managed by HCM City operation centre of anti-flooded.
* Building Technical College No 2 Ly Tu Trong in Cu Chi district managed by HCM City Department of Education and Training.
Speaking at the press conference, vice Chair of HCM City People’s Committee, Le Manh Ha, has requested these units to build feasible projects according to the criteria such as national projects worth over $20 million, project using effective inter-regional connections to attract foreign investors.