Hess Corporation (Hess) has commenced production of oil and liquid petroleum gas (LPG) from Ujung Pangkah field in shallow water offshore East Java, Indonesia. The field has been producing gas since April 2007 at a plateau rate of 150 million cubic feet per day. Oil production is planned to reach a peak of 25,000 barrels per day of crude and 6000 bpd of LPG. The field is situated in the Madura Strait, about 35 kilometers from Gresik in East Java.
Hess said in its latest quarterly that oil and LPG production commenced during the first quarter of 2009, little ahead of schedule.
“The addition of liquids production is expected to increase net production from Pangkah to about 18,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day by end of the year,” said Hess, which owns a 75 percent interest in the field; Kuwait Foreign Petroleum Exploration Company owns the remaining 25 percent.
PT Gunanusa Utama constructed the oil central processing platform and a utilities-accommodation platform for Ujung Pangkah.
WorleyParsons Corporation has provided detailed engineering services for two facilities in Indonesia.