Ho Chi Minh Securities Corporation (HSC) held the biggest stock brokerage market share of 20 percent in the second quarter, show recent reports by the Hochiminh Stock Exchange (STC) and the Hanoi Exchange (HNX).
The report by STC says the market share of HSC on the southern bourse accounted for 11.47 percent, up nearly half a percentage point from the previous quarter.
Meanwhile, the report puts the brokerage market share of Saigon Securities Inc. (SSI) at a mere 8.06 percent, down from the 11.74 percent recorded in the first quarter. ACB Securities Co., (ACBS) ranked third with 6.25 percent share, dipping by up to four percentage points versus the first three months of the year.
Surprisingly, Phuong Nam Securities Co. came in fourth with a market share of up to 6.2 percent. This is the first time the firm has entered into the top ten on the southern bourse.
KimEng Securities Co. and Viet Dragon Securities Co. (VDS) ranked fifth and sixth, making up 5.3 percent and 5.7 percent respectively. Compared to the first quarter, three securities companies- Vietnam Capital Securities Co. (VCSC), Sacombank Securities Co. (SBS) and Vietcombank Securities Co. (VCBS)- had failed to stay in the top ten.
The total market share of the ten leading stock brokerages reached 57 percent while that of the remainder accounted for 43 percent.
HNX has also announced the brokerage market share of the second quarter, with HSC also dominating the northern market with 8.42 percent, taking the firm’s market share on the two bourses to 20 percent.