The HNX30, tracking the Hanoi Stock Exchange’s 30 leading shares in terms of market capitalisation and liquidity, will start to operate next Monday, according to an official announcement made yesterday.
The index, with the base date of January 3 and a base point of 100, was estimated to have reached 132.76 points as of July 2.
“We found that investment in the HNX30 is much more profitable than the HNX-Index,” said Tran Le Minh, a member of the index management board.
The index is expected to grow by 60 per cent in the near future.
The number of stocks in each sector will not exceed 20 per cent of the total 30 shares, said exchange deputy general director Nguyen Anh Phong. The shares would be revised every six months, in April and October. In addition, special revision would be conducted to eliminate underperforming stocks and ensure other notable stocks would not be neglected.
It accounted for 60.5 per cent of the total Hanoi market value last year and 55.18 per cent of market capitalisation on December 30.
Shares tracked by HNX30 Index
1. Asia Commercial Bank (ACB)
2. Sai Gon – Hanoi Bank (SHB)
3. Kim Long Securities Co (KLS)
4. PetroVietnam Construction Co (PVX)
5. PetroVietnam Technical Services Corp (PVS)
6. Vietnam Construction and Import – Export Corp (VCG)
7. Sai Gon Thuong Tin Real Estate Co (SCR)
8. VNDirect Securities Co (VND)
9. Tien Phong Plastics Co (NTP)
10. Bao Viet Securities Co (BVS)
11. PVI Holdings (PVI)
12. PetroVietnam Southern Gas Co (PGS)
13. Drilling Mud Corp (PVC)
14. Tasco Construction Co (HUT)
15. PetroVietnam Power Land Co (PVL)
16. Bac Ninh Agricultural Products Co (DBC)
17. Song Da Infrastructure Construction Co (SDH)
18. Vietnam Germany Steel Pipe Co (VGS)
19. Song Hong Construction Co (ICG)
20. Ocean Hospitality and Service Co (OCH)
21. PetroVietnam Northern Gas Co (PVG)
22. IDJ International Financial Investment and Enterprise Development Co (IDJ)
23. Song Da Urban Investment Construction and Development Co (SDU)
24. Petrolimex Petrochemical Co (PLC)
25. An Phat Plastics and Green Environment Co (AAA)
26. Petro Dong Do Co (PFL)
27. Quang Ninh Construction and Cement Co (QNC)
28. Vietnam National general Export – Import No 1 (TH1)
29. Dai Chau Furniture Co (DCS)
30. Song Da Construction Co No 9 (SD9)