KONE, a leading provider of elevators and escalators, won an order to supply and install the eco-efficient elevators, escalators and autowalks for Jem shopping centre, the third largest suburban mall in Singapore. Located in the western suburb of Jurong, the six-storey mall is topped by an 11-storey tower comprising office space.
KONE will deliver 12 KONE SMonoSpace(R) elevators, 10 KONE MiniSpace(TM) elevators, five KONE TranSys(TM) freight elevators, as well as 25 TravelMaster(TM) 110 escalators and six TravelMaster(TM) 115 inclined autowalks. Together these KONE solutions will ensure the energy-efficient and excellent People Flow(TM) for office staff and their visitors and will facilitate a seamless shopping experience at Jem.
Jem has been designed to fulfill the criteria of the BCA Green Mark Platinum award, the highest level of Singapore’s green building certification scheme. KONE’s solutions will help meet the energy efficiency requirements since both elevators and escalators are equipped with LED lights and will switch to stand-by mode during off-peak times. Furthermore KONE’s elevators are hoisted by the KONE EcoDisc motor, which consumes 50-70 percent less energy than conventional elevator motors.
“We are so pleased that Lend Lease has placed their trust in us in another complex project,” says Michiel de Moel, Head of KONE South East Asia. “We are proud to offer our experience and expertise in creating the optimal People Flow(TM) in retail environments.”
The shopping centre has been designed by SAA Architects and it is being developed by Lend Lease, the company behind KONE’s local reference 313@Somerset. Jem is scheduled to be completed by the second quarter of 2013.
For further information, please contact:
Anthony Tan Thiam Hock
KONE Pte Ltd
Tel. +65 6424 6246
Wong C.M. Andy
NEB director Development director
KONE Pte Ltd
Tel. +65 6424 6246
Notes to the editor:
KONE, a leading provider of elevators and escalators, has been present in the Singapore market for more than 30 years. Today KONE has some 200 employees serving customers in Singapore.
KONE’s objective is to deliver the best People Flow(TM) experience by developing and delivering solutions that enable people to move smoothly, safely, comfortably and without waiting in buildings in an increasingly urbanising environment. Urbanisation is the single most important global megatrend for the elevator and escalator industry and will drive demand in the years to come.
KONE has a long history of innovation. For example, KONE invented the machine-room-less elevator, KONE MonoSpace(R). The lack of a machine room gives architects and developers greater design freedom and saves construction costs. In 2011, KONE was ranked among the world’s most innovative companies by US-based business magazine Forbes. KONE ranked 39th and is the only elevator and escalator company to be included in the top 50.
KONE’s solutions for Jem
• KONE MiniSpace(TM) elevators are especially suited for high-rise buildings by travelling distances up to 180 meters.
• KONE SMonoSpace(R) elevators do not require a machine room and save space in the building.
• KONE TranSys(TM) freight and service elevators can carry loads 1,000-5,000 kilogram or 13-66 persons. KONE TranSys(TM) is also a machine-room-less elevator and saves space.
• The elevators are powered by the KONE EcoDisc(R) hoisting machine which consumes 50-70 percent less energy than conventional elevator motors. This adds to the eco-efficiency of KONE’s elevators.
• KONE TravelMaster(TM) escalators and inclined autowalks are specially designed for demanding commercial environments.
KONE’s references in Singapore
• 313@Somerset: 10 elevators and 37 escalators
• Paragon Extension: 13 escalators
• IKEA Tampines: 15 elevators and 5 escalators
See also www.kone.sg