Malaysia’s daily Covid-19 cases inch up again to 4,965 cases today

08-Dec-2021 Intellasia | Malay Mail | 5:02 AM Print This Post

Health director-general Tan Sri Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah announced 4,965 new Covid-19 cases today.

The number is a slight increase after several days of a downtrend, showing 667 cases more than yesterday.

The total number of Covid-19 cases detected in the country now stands at 2,667,999.

According to his daily health statement, out of the total number of new cases today, 4,936 involved local cases, or 4,715 (95.5 per cent) Malaysians and 221 (4.5 per cent) foreigners.

The remaining 29 cases were imported into the country.

“Of the 4,965 cases today, 437 patients are currently being treated in intensive care units (ICU), with 375 of them confirmed to be infected with Covid-19, while 62 cases are suspected cases, probabilities and cases under investigation.

“Of those, 240 need ventilators to help them breathe, with 167 of them confirmed positive, and 73 are suspected cases,” he said.

Some 98.1 per cent or 4,869 of the cases reported today were in Category 1 and 2, exhibiting little or no symptoms while the remaining 96 or 1.9 per cent were in Category 3, 4 and 5.

He also said that a total of 4,817 patients have recovered from the infection, bringing the cumulative number of recovery cases to 2,576,870 or 96.6 per cent

Authorities also identified nine new Covid-19 clusters today, which brings the number of active clusters to 235.

He added that Malaysia’s rate of infectivity currently stands at 0.99, up 0.02 from yesterday, with Perlis being the state with the highest rate at 1.13, while Kuala Lumpur, Melaka and Perak are at 1.00.


Category: Malaysia

Print This Post

Comments are closed.