More than 100 Chiang Mai students hospitalised with food poisoning

17-Jan-2020 Intellasia | TheThaiger | 7:02 AM Print This Post

There was chaos at Chiang Mai hospitals yesterday when around 130 students were hospitalised with food poisoning. The grade 8 students from Montfort College in Chiang Mai had eaten lunch at the San Sai scout camp when they began showing symptoms of food poisoning, including diarrhea, vomiting and stomach cramps.

There were an estimated 400 students at the camp: about 89 were taken to the local San Sai Hospital and another 50 taken to other Chiang Mai area hospitals. 30 doctors and nurses were dispatched to the camp in Mae Faek subdistrict of Chiang Mai’s San Sai to treat other students who did not require hospitalisation.

The senior permanent secretary for the San Sai district was called in to monitor the situation and was meeting with Chiang Mai’s governor Charoenrit Sanguansat. All but four of the children had been released from hospital after receiving treatment by late last night.

Details of the food poisoning remain unclear other than a boiled chicken dish with dipping sauce was served for the children’s lunch.

https://thethaiger.com/news/chiang-mai/more-than-100-chiang-mai-students-hospitalised-with-food-poisoning

 


Category: Thailand

Print This Post