New Zika cases in S’pore: health ministry to tighten health screening at entry points

13-Jun-2017 Intellasia | New Straits Times | 6:00 AM Print This Post

The health ministry (MOH) will tighten health screening at all entry points following reports of new Zika cases in Singapore.

Deputy Health minister Datuk Seri Dr Hilmi Yahaya said so far there are no reports of Zika virus infection involving Malaysians.

“Although there has been no report, MOH will continue to tighten the screening at all entry points to prevent the spread of Zika virus.

“We do not want those infected with this virus to bring it into the country and infect those here,” he said.

On Monday, Singapore confirmed two new cases of Zika virus, bringing the total number of reported cases in the country to eight.

In September last year, a woman from Bandar Botanic, Klang, Selangor became the first person in the country to be infected with Zika after visiting her daughter in Singapore who was infected with the virus.

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/zika-cases-apos-pore-health-073110908.html

 


Category: Health

Print This Post

Comments are closed.