No procession for KL Thaipusam chariot, says minister again

26-Jan-2021 Intellasia | FreeMalaysiaToday | 6:52 AM Print This Post

No procession has been approved for the journey of Lord Murugan’s chariot from the city centre to Batu Caves, Federal Territories minister Annuar Musa said today.

In a reminder about the details of the chariot’s journey approved by the National Security Council, he said the chariot was allowed to travel as a mark of respect for Hindus celebrating Thaipusam.

The council agreed to allow the chariot to travel at a stipulated time, either at midnight or early morning, with no procession. Only 10 temple personnel will be allowed to accompany the chariot.

There will be no music and the journey will take place without making any stops. “It is to be carried out in a simple and efficient manner,” he said today, reiterating the conditions of the journey which were announced yesterday.

After the announcement, there had been criticism that the Thaipusam procession might lead to more Covid-19 infections.

However, Annuar said the Hindu community now had a clearer view and better understanding of the matter.

The chariot will travel from the Sri Maha Mariamman temple in Jalan Bandar, Kuala Lumpur, to Batu Caves on January 27 and make its return journey on January 29, and Kuala Lumpur City Hall is to monitor the journey to make sure it adheres to the stipulated conditions and procedures.

https://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/nation/2021/01/24/no-procession-for-kl-thaipusam-chariot-says-minister-again/

 

Category: Malaysia

Print This Post

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.