Vietnam ETE, Enertec Expos showcase eco-friendly equipment

20-Jul-2018 Intellasia | The Saigon Times | 6:32 AM Print This Post

Two international exhibitions on energy-saving and ecofriendly electrical equipment and technologies kicked off at the Saigon Exhibition and Convention centre in HCM City’s District 7 today, July 18, featuring 185 domestic and foreign enterprises with some 300 booths.

The 11th International Exhibition on Electrical Technology & Equipment (Vietnam ETE 2018) and the 8th International Exhibition on Products, Technologies of Energy Saving & Green Power (Enertec Expo 2018) also feature as many as 20 booths showcasing solar panels manufactured by local and foreign firms, with the aim of diversifying products in the local market.

Among the enterprises participating in the expo, 65 percent operate in the electrical equipment sector, including HCM City Power Corporation, Vietnam Electrical Equipment JSC, ABB, Panasonic and Hitachi, and the remaining 35 percent specialise in green energy operations, such as Dien Quang Lamp JSC, Megasun, Rang Dong Company, GEE and VES, along with multiple enterprises owning advanced technology from countries and territories such as Japan, South Korea, Germany, France, Taiwan and Thailand.

Observers showed appreciation for the business strategies of solar panel manufacturers and firms as they were able to meet the preferences of customers and the demand of the local market.

The government’s introduction of incentives and preferential policies for using solar power in the country presents an opportunity for these enterprises to develop and expand their solar panel business. Investment in solar panels to meet the rising demand in the local market has become attractive to investors since the prime minister issued Decision No. 11/2017/QD-TTg, encouraging solar power projects.

Since Vietnam sees plenty of sunshine, residents feel the need to install solar panels for use in their daily lives and production.

Enterprises at the exhibition also launched power and fuel-saving equipment, such as LED lights and smart-control solutions, used at home and in offices.

Renewable power is expected to become essential and is key to the country’s sustainable energy development in the near future.

Do Thang Hai, deputy minister of industry and trade, noted that Vietnam would strengthen the development of mechanical products, prioritise sectors and fields specialising in industrial and electrical equipment and draw investment in green and renewable energy to ensure national energy security as well as mitigate the risks of climate change, supply sufficient energy at reasonable prices and enhance the development of other sectors.

Hai credited these factors with the active participation of domestic and foreign enterprises at the exhibition.

A seminar is expected to be held on the sidelines of the exhibition, themed, “Guiding enterprises to apply technical standards to renewable energy-used works effectively.” It will be co-organised by the HCM City Department of Industry and Trade, HCM City centre of Supporting Industries Development and CIS Vietnam.

The seminar will highlight Vietnam ETE & Enertec Expo 2018, helping enhance connections and promotions for trade exchanges between local and foreign enterprises and between providers and manufacturers, in addition to boosting consumption and creating business and cooperation opportunities.

http://english.thesaigontimes.vn/61368/vietnam-ete-enertec-expos-showcase-eco-friendly-equipment.html

 


Category: Business, Vietnam

Print This Post